These strawberry rice krispie treats are hands down one of my favorite recipes! Not only are these WAY tastier than traditional rice krispie treats, they are also much healthier. The creamy cashew butter and the strawberries add a fun twist on regular rice krispie treats.Jump to Recipe
I'm proud of all my recipes but this one is hands down one of my favorites! I love rice crispy treats and I've had quite a few variations in my day but this version is my ALL TIME FAVORITE. I've been munching on these all week and each time, they just get better
These are not only way more delicious than the traditional treats but they are a lot healthier with much less added "junk".
These strawberry rice krispie treats are the best of both worlds, effortless and insanely tasty. Trust me, you definitely want to save these to make later.
- Rice Krispies cereal
- If you are gluten free, be sure to look for a crispy rice cereal brand that is gluten free.
- Cashew butter
- Cashew butter can be pricy. If you have a Trader Joe's by you, I recommend getting it there. Otherwise, Whole Foods has their own line that makes cashew butter for a decent price.
- Freeze dried strawberries
- Maple syrup
- When buying maple syrup, look for pure maple syrup. The ingredient list should just say "maple syrup" and nothing else.
- Coconut oil
- Make sure to get virgin and unrefined coconut oil. It should smell like coconut. The refined coconut oil will not have a scent.
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
Store them in the refrigerator. The cashew butter and coconut oil are what hold the rice krispies together and both of those ingredients will become less solid at room temperature.
You can any other nut butter but it will change the taste quite a bit. My back up choice if you do not want to use cashew butter is almond butter.
Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 cups rice krispy cereal
- ¾ cup creamy cashew butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon virgin unrefined coconut oil
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 1.2oz bag freeze dried strawberries (~2 cups)
- In a medium pot over low heat, add in cashew butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Mix well until combined and smooth.
- Take off the heat and mix in the rice krispy cereal and dried strawberries
- Pour into a 9x13" greased pan or a pan and pat down with your hands or a spatula. Press into the pan so the mixture is flat.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes before cutting.