For many people weekday mornings can be a tad chaotic. Maybe you're not a morning person or maybe you are, but you just don't have time to cook a meal in the morning. If this is you, that probably means breakfast gets put at the bottom of the to do list.
Breakfast can feel unnecessary and you may be wondering if it is even worth your time at all. If you are wondering about if breakfast really is important or not read more about that here.
For those of you that want to reap the benefits of eating breakfast (increased energy, weight management, appetite control, etc.) but don't have time to spend an hour in the kitchen, try these quick, easy, and healthy breakfast ideas below.
Quick & Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Ready in 5 minutes or less
- Peanut butter waffle: whole grain toaster waffle with peanut butter, bananas, and chia seeds sprinkled on top
- Avocado & Egg Toast: 2 hard boiled eggs with avocado on whole grain toast. Try boiling eggs at the beginning of the week and keeping in the refrigerator for quick breakfasts and snacks throughout the week
- Overnight Oats: make using Greek yogurt, milk, chia seeds, and whatever flavorings you would like to add (cinnamon, fruit, nuts, etc.). Make the night before and you'll have a grab and go breakfast ready in the morning
- Microwave oatmeal: skip the instant oats and microwave old fashioned oats (higher in protein and fiber) with milk of choice for 1-2 minutes. Top with nut butter and berries
- PB & Banana: 1-2 bananas sliced with 2 tablespoons peanut butter. Top with cinnamon and a sprinkle of chia seeds and granola for some added crunch
Do you have a favorite quick and easy breakfast idea? If so, comment below! I would love to hear your ideas 🙂